Wheatgrass Lemonade Recipe
Did you know that an ounce of fresh wheatgrass juice offers 240% of the RDA of vitamin A, 93% of the RDA of vitamin C, 356% of the RDA of iron, along with chalk full of calcium, dietary fiber and protein?
Wheatgrass offers amazing health and beauty benefits naturally, but honestly I don’t find its intense taste very palatable. So I am always looking out for recipes that can mask its raw grass like taste, while still enjoying its awesome benefits. I found a recipe online that I experimented with a little bit. It turned out to be very refreshing, tasty and easy to make.
Let’s take a look at the top benefits of Wheatgrass first and then I’d like to share the nutritious and yummy recipe with you.
Health and Beauty Benefits of Wheatgrass
Wheatgrass is a another superfood from the list of nutrient foods available. It contains full spectrum of vitamins, minerals and packed with nutrition of amino acids, enzymes, and chlorophyll.
Research has shown that wheatgrass is capable of helping treat many diseases and improve health.
Here is a quick list of its benefits –
- Wheatgrass helps boost hemoglobin production and immunity.
- The anti-bacterial effect of the juice effectively treats skin disease like psoriasis and eczema. It also aids in fighting acne and treat sun-burn.
- Wheatgrass can improve blood sugar related problems like Type-2 diabetes.
- It helps stimulate metabolism and helps in weight management. It also helps curb cravings and lose weight easily.
- Wheatgrass also promotes healthy functioning of the thyroid gland improving condition of hypothyroidism.
- The high chlorophyll content in wheatgrass helps in detoxification of liver and purification of blood by removing toxins. Studies have shown that it thus reduces the risk of chronic diseases like cancer.
- Research has shown that wheatgrass increases the level of oxygen in blood due to high chlorophyll content and effectively improves blood circulation.
- High fiber in wheatgrass helps your digestive system and improves the condition of digestive disorders like inflammation of colon, indigestion and irritable irregular bowel.
- Fiber is also great in lower cholesterol levels by blocking its absorption.
- Anti-inflammatory properties of chlorophyll are beneficial in treating rheumatoid arthritis and reduce joint pain.
- People use wheatgrass for its positive effects on reducing blood pressure.
- Wheatgrass can be used as a body deodorizer as regular consumption reduces bad odour naturally by flushing out toxins.
- Wheatgrass juice mouthwash can improve dental heath by preventing tooth decay and pyorrhea.
- Wheatgrass has the ability to regenerate cells and anti-bacterial property together helps in healing of wounds faster.
- It can be used in the treatment of common and other respiratory tract problems like bronchitis, throat infection and mouth inflammation.
- Wheatgrass is beneficial in treating urinary tract disorders like BPH, bladder infection and prostate infection.
I hope you are convinced about the benefits of wheatgrass juice and ready to find ways to include it in your diet regularly.
This is a powerful wheatgrass lemonade as it has the healing and cleansing benefits of wheatgrass along with the refreshing taste and goodness of lemon and seasonal fruits.
Juicing allows you to better absorb the nutrients and consume your daily requirements of fruits and vegetables conveniently.
1 bunch of wheatgrass
Optional – ginger/ mint
- If you are using a wheatgrass juicer that allows juicing vegetables and fruits along with leafy greens, then you can keep adding the ingredients one by one into the feeder of the juicer.
- Strain the juice to remove pulp and enjoy! Wheatgrass juicer yields better quality and quantity of juice. If you are a regular green juicer, prefer buying this juicer to enjoy more benefits.
- If you are using a blender, it is best to roughly chop the wheatgrass first to allow juicing without clogging or breaking the blade. Add a little water and all the other ingredients and blend. Now strain it for a smooth juice.
Word of Caution
If you have just hopped on the wheatgrass wagon, go slowly. Start with an ounce of juice a day and slowly move up to 2 ounces a day. High wheatgrass juice dose has been reported to make some people nauseous and sick because of its potent qualities.
Wheatgrass juice is a cleanser and not a food for a daily long time consumption. Extended period of consumption can cause aversion and should be strictly avoided.
The best time to drink wheatgrass juice is in the morning, on an empty stomach. Consumption after a meal can also make you feel nauseous.
Tip: If you like this post, you might also like: Best Manual Wheatgrass Juicers & Best Manual Masticating Juicers.