Protein is an essential nutrient for a healthy body. Not only does it keep you feeling full and satisfied but protein is also responsible for building and repairing muscles, a specific need especially if you are following an exercise program.
Though whole foods nutrition is preferred, protein powders offer an ease and convenience that is too helpful to ignore. The key to protein powders however, is to find one that isn’t chalky or overly sweet and synthetic tasting. Below we have rounded up seven great options for the best tasting protein powders that are whey based as well as plant based, providing an option for everyone!
Why You Should Supplement with Protein Powder
Protein powders make consuming protein simple and easy. Great for bulking up smoothies or supplementing after a workout, protein powders are quick and efficient ways to refuel your muscles.
Benefits of Protein Powder:
- muscle growth
- muscle recovery
- weight control
- Whether it be to add more nutrients to your smoothie or simply help your body recover after a workout, protein powders are one of the easiest ways to incorporate more protein into your diet!
Best Tasting Protein Powders
The Dynamatize Nutrition ISO 100 Whey Protein Powder is a delicious protein powder that is available in 15 flavors. With three different sizes to choose from ranging from 1.5 pounds to 5 pounds, Dynamatize Nutrition ISO 100 is a very popular protein powder for it’s flavor choices as well as it’s nutritional stats.
Made from 100% whey protein isolate, Dynamatize Nutrition offers 25 grams of protein, 5.5 grams of branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) and 2.7 grams os Leucine per serving. With less than 1 gram of both fat and sugar, Dynamatize Nutrition ISO 100 is also gluten and lactose free.
- Available in great tasting flavors such as peanut butter and cake batter
- Contains BCAAs as well as Leucine
- Contains less than 1 gram of fat and sugar
- Contains less than 2 grams of carbohydrates
- Needs to be mixed well or clumps may occur
The Vega Proteins and Greens Plant Based Protein Powder contains 20 grams of complete protein from sources such as pea protein, brown rice protein and hemp protein. Made with veggies and greens such as spinach, kale and broccoli, Vega contains roughly 120 calories per serving with 0 grams of sugar.
Made gluten-free and certified vegan, this protein powder is also made with no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners.
- Available in 5 different flavors and 3 different sizes
- Combines complete protein with greens and veggies
- Contains no added sugars or artificial sweeteners
- Largest size available is a 1 pound container
Muscle Milk Whey Protein Powder is a whey protein powder that contains 32 grams of protein, 3 grams of leucine and 310 calories in a two scoop serving. With 20 essential vitamins and minerals, Muscle Milk Protein Powder is also an excellent source of fiber.
Available in 10 different flavors like cake batter, strawberries and cream and cookies and cream, Muscle Milk Whey Protein Powder is also available in 3 sizes ranging from 2.5 pounds to 5 pounds.
- Made from a combination of casein and whey protein to ensure you receive all nine essential amino acids
- Fortified with magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus and folic acid
- Available in 10 different flavors
- Available in 3 sizes
- 150 calories per scoop is more calorie dense than most other protein powders on this list
BSN Syntha-6 Whey Protein Powder is a combination protein powder that is made from 80% whey protein and 20% casein protein.
With 25 grams of protein per serving, 2 grams of fiber and 11 grams of essential amino acids, BSN Syntha-6 is also highly touted for their flavors. With five flavors and two sizes, BSN Syntha-6 doesn’t have an unappealing chalky after taste that a lot of protein powders have. Also, the flavors don’t taste synthetic or overly sweet.
- A combination protein powder of both whey protein and casein protein
- 25 grams of protein per serving
- 5 great flavors with no chalky after taste
- More expensive than other protein powders
Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder is an organic vegan protein powder that is dairy free, soy free, gluten free, lactose free and non-GMO. With 21 grams of plant based protein from pea protein, brown rice protein and hemp seed protein, Orgain Organic Protein Powder also contains 6 grams of fiber, 5 grams of carbohydrates and 160 calories per serving.
With 4 flavors available including a naturally unsweetened option, Orgain is available is three sizes ranging from 1 pound to 2 pounds.
- USDA certified organic
- Vegan and gluten-free
- 21 grams of plant based protein per serving
- Not many flavors to choose from
Premier Protein Whey Protein Powder is a naturally sweetened protein powder made from whey that is gluten-free as well as free of artificial flavors and chemicals. Though there is just a few flavors available, Premier Protein Whey Protein Powder comes highly rated for its flavor as well as nutrient profile.
With 30 grams of protein per serving and just 180 calories and 4 grams of fat, Premier Protein easily mixes with water for a delicious and quick protein drink to help build and repair muscle.
- Naturally sweetened
- Free of artificial chemicals and flavors
- 30 grams of protein per serving
- Only two flavors
Designer Whey Protein Powder is one of the most popular whey protein powders due to its high quality and great taste.
With seven flavors available including an unflavored option, Designer Whey Protein Powder supplies 110 calories per scoop, 20 grams of whey protein, essential amino acids as well as a full spectrum of peptides along with glutamine, leucine and taurine. Made with no artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or preservatives, this protein powder is also certified gluten-free.
- Several flavor options including unflavored
- No added sugars
- Free of artificial flavors and chemicals
- Great in baked goods
- Not lactose free
With this list of the best tasting protein powders there is no reason to ever skip out on protein in your diet. Supplementing with a delicious protein powder is a great way to make sure you are getting enough of this important macronutrient in your diet.THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.