It is not always possible to diligently exercise for hours to get those firm abs and strengthen your core. A range of EMS ab belts are available to solve this problem and improve your fat burning rate, improve posture, relieve back pain and sometimes also help lose a few inches around the mid-section.
It might sound like another marketing scam, but these EMS devices have been around for decades now and have effectively help athletes in rejuvenating and recovering from injuries.
Now the same technology is used to strengthen abs and help people who cannot regularly exercise due to various reasons or want to boost their exercising results and get toner, firmer abs.
However, only a few of these belts have actually been cleared by the FDA and deliver what they promise. Here are two of such best-in-class belts, Flex Belt and Contour Belt, that we decided to compare and reduce your fret over finding what to choose.
Why You Should Trust Us?
We believe that sustainable health and fitness can be easily attained with smart tools combined with little determination.
We provide you honest opinions that are un-biased, well-researched and based only on true facts. You can trust our reviews because they are the result of hours of research involving detailed analysis of product review, specialty blogs and research papers.
What are EMS Ab Belts?
Electronic Muscle Stimulation (or EMS) is the medical grade technology used by both Flex and Contour belts for strengthening, toning and rejuvenation of abdominal muscles.
You need to wear the belt around your waist on your naked skin, with the gel pads on either side between the hip and ribs and the third one on your stomach above your naval.
These gel pads safely box the electrodes inside with cushioning to ensure that they do not come directly in contact and harm the skin.
When turned on, these electrodes send out electrical waves to the nerves that branch out to all the ab muscles and cause them to contract and relax. Deep repetitive contractions and relaxations have the same effect as conventional exercise making the muscles firm and toned.
Both Flex and Contour belt are EMS devices that use medical-grade gel pads that are perfectly safe for use and have been approved by FDA for its efficiency and safety.
However, it is important to note that people with heart conditions, recent surgery, pregnant women or new mom should not use EMS device.
Who is it Best Suited For?
It has been designed to improve muscle strength, firmness and endurance. In general it is suited for everyone since if offers a wide range of programs and intensity to chose from. However, if you are a beginner start with lower intensity levels and slowly work your way up.
It is great for –
- people who are suffering from some injury or back pain that hinders them from regular exercise and relieve the pain and recover faster.
- new moms, 6 weeks post a natural birth or 3 months post a c-section birth (to allow the scar tissue to heal before taking off)
- individuals who want to improve the results of their ab training.
- people who not have enough time to exercise for long hours everyday.
Flex Ab Belt and Contour Belt – Key Features and Benefits
- The patented technology used by both the belts has been proven safe and efficient through clinical trials and FDA for strengthening, firming and recovering healthy muscles.
- Different intensity and program levels along with a guideline manual makes it very easy and user-friendly.
- Helps in posture building with improved core strength.
- Comfortable and lightweight belts can easily be worn under your regular clothing and be used while doing household chores, exercise or other routine activities.
- Simultaneously works up all mid-section muscles including: rectus, traverous and obliques.
- Releases tension in back and neck muscles and helps in fast recovery in such strains caused due to injury or due to exercising.
- Short 30 minute sessions, can be used for 5 days a week for upto 6 weeks.
Flex Ab Belt vs Contour Belt Cons –
- Both belts may not be very affordable for everyone but it does give good value for money with durability.
- Over the period of time the gel pads lose their sticking power and has to be replaced after 30 sessions adding up to the expense.
- These have been proven effective for muscle toning, firming and strengthening but not weight loss.
- Does not work very effectively for people with excess layers of fat as the EMS device would not be able to provide deep contractions through the fat.
Flex Ab Belt vs Contour Belt Differences
Flex Ab Belt vs Contour Belt – What’s included in the Set
Flex Belt – Ab belt, belt extender for waist size more than 44″, LCD remote, rechargeable batteries, set of gel pads, AC adaptor, operating manual with travel bag
Contour Belt – electronic muscle stimulator, ab belt can be adjusted to 52”, 4-AAA batteries, set of gel pads with instructional guide
Flex Ab Belt vs Contour Belt Warranty
Flex Belt – 60 days money back guarantee with 2 years of extended warranty
Contour Belt – 30 days money back guarantee with 1 year of warranty
Flex Ab Belt vs Contour Belt Technology
Flex Belt – EMS technology with third party clinical trials and FDA approval, 3 electrodes
Contour Belt – Patented EMS technology with clinical trials, FDA approval, 4 electrodes with larger size
Flex Ab Belt vs Contour Belt Number of Pre-Set Programs
Flex Belt – 10 programs with intensity level upto 150
Contour Belt – 26 with 5 programs with 5 intensity levels and 1 program with single intensity
Flex Ab Belt vs Contour Belt Battery
Flex Belt – Rechargeable batteries
Contour Belt – AAA Batteries required
Our Pick – The Flex Belt
Though both models use the same EMS technology and are priced equally, Flex belt has better reviews, rechargeable batteries for convenience, more intensity levels and warranty that ensures customer satisfaction.
It is a high quality product that saves you money and effort in the long run making it a highly recommended product.
There is no magic wand that can be waved to achieve fitness and improved health. Nothing can replace exercise and healthy lifestyle and Flex belt should not be used to achieve muscle building or weight loss.
An effective fitness tool like Flex belt when accompanied with exercise and healthy food can bring to closer to your goals sooner.
Use caution before using this belt if you are suffering from any medical condition and consult your doctor first.THIS POST MAY CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS. PLEASE READ MY DISCLOSURE FOR MORE INFO.